Jan 11, 2005

The Appliance Gap

Got back to phoenix fine last thursday. Even though I took two tiny jet flights with one tight connection, my bags made it fine. The only thing that broke was one jar of apple butter, which was rather upsetting. At least it broke on the bottom of the bag, and only soiled a few articles of clothing. I saw some friends friday night and we walked around Mill Avenue. The next few days I spent sitting around watching movies and cleaning. I picked up my new huge printer, and it does an amazing job at printing digital photos, although it does tend to suck up the ink. When I got back home, I aried everything out. Suki had overturned my giant model with the weed trees so it was all over the floor. I bet Aunt Brenda and Uncle David thought I lived in "disaster area" as dad used to call it. Monday morning, still not hearing anything from the bookstore, I went in to talk to them to ask if I could work. They handed me my schedule and put me on register right there. I got 7 and a half hours of work yesterday. I figure I'll probably end up with about $350 before taxes for all the work I do at the bookstore. This week I work every weekday except friday from 3-7 pm. It was really slow yesterday. I spent the last hour balacing loose change on end.
Later that night, Jen came home. She had an obscene amount of baggage that I helped take up. Her car was completely filled to the top with bags, boxes, and appliances. Her unilateral kitchen actions have increased the appliance race with her new breadmaker and cuisineart/blender. My kitchen is suffering from an appliance gap, even with my new torch and wire cheese cutter.
More errands to run and calls to make today.

1 comment:

Nancy Case said...

Good to see back blogging. I enjoyed your entry.

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende