Feb 18, 2005

Books and Threads

Last weekend I forgot to mention going to the annual VNSA booksale. I brought Jen along, but there was apparently some stabling of animals there recently since her allergies were going haywire. I decided to make it a blitzkreig book run. I think I went through it in about thirty minutes. The spoils of war: The Power of Myth, Bill Moyers World of Ideas, Kon-Tiki, Maslow's The Further Reaches of Human Nature, a 1970's edition of AIA's Energy Planning for Buildings, Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, a Bloom Country cartoon collection, a Doonesbury collection, and Bill Moyers discusses Genesis. Total price: $25. Not too shabby.
I recently got the sandals I ordered from Sierra Trading post online. They're pretty nice actually, with braided leather straps, leather top, and good thick bottoms. Sperry top siders. Only $15 on the clearance section. They feel great. The other bargain I found, I got today. After checking out Raising Arizona from the Tempe library, I biked to Goodwill where I found a 100% cashmere overcoat from Botany 500 for $7.50. It's a bit like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57988&item=3958168824&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
but the collar is smaller and simpler. Great condition, only a minor tear in the lining in the back. After a dry-cleaning, it will look like a hundred dollar coat.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende