Feb 8, 2005

Experiments in Pizza

Ok so a night or two ago, boom! we have nothing in the kitchen that can be ready to eat in ten minutes. So we decide to order pizza. We've got a coupon for 3 medium pizzas with 3 toppings each for 15 bucks from Papa Johns so we sit down and pick toppings. W e did a veggie pizza with 'shrooms, pineapple, and green peppers, a meat pizza and then got stuck. I decided to go for the adventuresome route with Jalepeno peppers, sardines, and extra cheese. It was retched. It's still sitting in the fridge, missing one slice. I learn things every day.
I sold the bike for $1275, which was cool. Today I took it the bike shop to have it professionally packed for shipping. It cost $30, and tomorrow I'll price UPS shipping. Then I'll bill the buyer. He seems pretty anxious to get the bike. Might also be getting a guy to come out and look at the mustang. Studio is coming along ok. Our teacher keeps telling us that we dont have enough time. More interesting research on the Cemetery is that many of the city founders were Freemasons, and that there are 3000 bodies and only 650 markers.
Tonight I went out to dinner with Ben and his dad. We went to Pei Wei. Owned by same guy who did P.F. Changs, and who is not Chinese in any way or by any relation. He's just an American exploiting markets.
My studio instructor described the creative process of designing the site and wall as a kind of writing a story. He really emphasizes coming up with powerful descriptive words and site narratives to develop a textual construtuction. It's always interesting to me how almost every class can relate to architecture. The spanish steps in Rome are based on a dance that was popular at the time, or so I've been told.
Suki is getting fatter I think. She doesn't get enough excercise in this apartment. I've started cutting her food back to one tray a day. Too excessive? We'll see.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende