Feb 5, 2005

First Fridays Downtown

Well, we did make it downtown last night. Downtown phoenix has a kind of art walk on the first friday of each month. It's actually a combination of real galleries, homes which the first floor had been converted to an art gallery, bars, performance art, and local live bands. There's heavy drinking, and everyone wears black. It's a lot more beatnik than the Scottsdale Artwalk. The art ranges from something I could make to really impressive, although its mostly of the former. Most of it is all very weird and abaresque. The age of the people ranges from 50- early 20's, althogh most people look like they're in thier 20s. Lots of people. Jen described it as a frat party for adults.
Anyway, I slept in till 11 this morning then got back to work. The bike has 6 bids on it so far, although the current highest bid is by someone with a rating of -1. The comments people have left are that this person doesn't pay and uses false information. I'm consoled by the fact is that we're still at around $700 and there is time yet for bidders.
In the mail, I got a letter from the dean of the architecture college congratulating me for making the dean's list in the fall of 2004.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende