Feb 15, 2005

Let the Seller Beware

When we last left our intrepid hero....
The Mysterious Bicycle: Thursday- bike is boxed up and ready to ship. I they tell me about thier shipping plans and to save some time, I decide to pay them to ship it 3-day UPS at the behest of my buyer in Virginia. I'm told the bike will ship Friday morning. Friday- I call to get tracking numbers in afternoon. They say the bike is still there, to be shipped monday. The guy who handled my transaction? he'll be in monday. Nobody knows anything about it. Saturday- I leave a message for Brad who took my shipping order. Sunday- mostly mustang stuff. Monday- I get a call from Brad. Shipping number. I email it to my buyer who is most preturbed over the lack of info I can give him regarding the bike. Today- the buyer emails me back. The package was shipped by UPS ground. I go back to the bike place and talk to Brad. Apparently, he forgot to put "3-day shipping" on the reciept when he put it in the back. In order to get my refund with a minimum of screaming, I dont mention either the late ship date, nor the ineptitude. I take the refund and leave. Tomorrow I'll mail it to the buyer. The End....? Lets hope so.
The Wild Woman: Short story. I sold the mustang convertable to the woman after having it checked by pep boys and her mechanic friend. She gave me 8250. 8500 less 300 for maintenance stuff, and 50 more for the inspection at pep boys. Shes got the title, I've got my registraion, the plate, and the check. Everyone wins except I'm also down a convertable.
The Valentines Dinner: Saturday, I made waffles for breakfast and Jen made dinner. We had cold asperigus soup and costco flank steak with portobello mushrooms. Chocolate angelfood cake for dessert. Monday night I took Jen to RA sushi. They had a really good Crazy Monkey Roll, and a really spicy wasabai salmon, but it was all pretty good. Jen's never had sushi before so I had to teach her how to use chopsticks.
The Salsa Midterm: We also practiced our salsa routine for our midterm tomorrow.
The Random Kitsch Hanna-Barberra TV First Season DVDs Bought on Sale At Zias: Johhny Quest
The: End

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende