Feb 4, 2005

Norweigan Forest Cat

I was just surfing the other day and I realized I had no idea what kind of cat suki was, or at least, what she was mostly. I went to a few sites and pegged her as a Norweigan Forest Cat. They are distinguished by longer back legs than front, which raises thier rear end more, extremely long hair which is very weatherproof, neck frills, rounded ears, very bushy tails and tufts of hair that stick out between thier paws. This described very well suki's physical attributes. However, the personality traits they discussed only marginally were like suki. For instance these are supposed to be very quiet cats, and suki is the noisiest cat I've ever seen. Anyway, the Norweigan Forest Cat.
Yesterday Molly and I drove to the old city cemetery. We had to get a key from the historic visitor center to check it out. It's really run down. The cacti and mesquite are either dying or mutated, the markers are in terrible shape and cracked, and everything is either hardpan or thin gravel. Not a great part of town either. Took some pictures and came back home.
This morning I took the car for emmissions testing per the ADOT registration form. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Got in and out within twenty minutes.
I posted dad's bike on ebay last night and now there are 17 people watching it, although no one had bid on it yet. I talked to one guy who wants it for 1,250 so I lowered the reserve price to that and changed the auction time to three days. In the meanwhile I need to figure out shipping costs and how much the bike shop wants to professionally pack it. Anyway, thats what today is for, getting work done.
Sally came by early this afternoon to take Jen to look at Condos for sale. She brought me ghiradelli brownies, really good with buttercream frosting. She dislocated her kneecap last week and went to the doctor today, so I gave her an asprin to help with the pain.
Jen and I were planning on going to see First Friday downtown, but the forecast is rain, so I dont know what we're going to do.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende