Apr 7, 2005

Reader's Digest Presents: Last Two Weeks

San Francisco
Saturday we drove into the city and walked around the pier. Saw the sea lions and took a harbor tour as Alcatraz was booked solid through wednesday. Ate clam chowder from a sourdough bowl from a famous local cafe and walked around the Gheridelli Chocolate Square where we found a bookstore dedicated to books about architecture, urban planning, construction, and interior design. I bought three books, all at really good prices. New Vernacular Architecture and New Forms: Architecture in the 1990's, and Home: an Evolution of an Idea. Afterwards we drove to the massive park in san francisco, which really reminded me of the botanical gardens in Singapore. We walked around there for awhile and drove to the Palace of Fine Arts, a massively scaled roman dome and collanade.
Sunday we all went to church, then I helped set up for the Gozzi's Easter dinner where they served ham and the usual tasty dinner dishes. After a quick bite to eat, we left at six and drove to the airport for a late flight back to phoenix, getting me home a little past midnight.
I'm going to New York on the 22nd, and before then I have to finish my last architecture project ( it has to be the best I've ever done), and also compete in a salsa competition with my salsa class for our final grade.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende