Apr 14, 2005

Recovery

Well, I'm finally getting over my headache. Too much caffine and too little water. I went to bed last night at 7:00 PM, and slept until 3:00 AM when I awoke from hunger. I hadn't eaten anything since a bowl of cereal at 6:30 the previous morning, and a snickers bar during the project review. I toasted some eggos and downed two glasses of orange juice. Then I went back to bed. I slept until 10 AM. I look thinner. During charette week I think I lose about five to ten pounds.

Went to urban planning this afternoon, the only class I've attended this week apart from studio. It was a guest lecture on sustainable development (not only is it impossible to define, but its also nearly impossible to impliment). The TA with my paper told me his dog ate it (along with seven others) but that I got a B. I was less than elated. Ah well.

I treated myself to a great lunch at the Chuckbox, the best burger joint in town. They ask what size you want (the big one or the really big one), and what kind of cheese you want. Then they slap the meat on the mesquite grill and grill it right in front of you. I also ordered some beer-battered fried mushrooms and a lemonade. Total came to a little under 8 dollars. Kind of pricey, but delicious. I loaded up on the condiments, tomato, ketchup, and lettuce and dug in. Man, that first bite of burger is the best. Juicy beef with that smokey grilled tinge, cool lettuce and tomato, the slightly toasted bun. The mushrooms are great too. Beer-battered, fried, and served with ranch dressing. A lunch to remember, maybe I was just hungry. I ate ravenously and everything.

Came home and now I'm getting started with cleaning up from my studio mess. There's bits of cardboard and chipboard everywhere.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende