Apr 18, 2005

Suits me

Saturday evening I took Jen with me to Fashion Square to look for suits. We looked all over the place, from Dillard's to Macy's to Robinsons to a few smaller boutiques. Macy's was the only place that had a suit in my size (36) that fit well and was in the color I wanted. Dillard's didn't even have a single 36. The suit is made by Alfani, single breasted with three buttons, and a traditional lapel. 100% wool, of course. The only modern things about the suit is that the pants aren't pleated, and the jacket is has vent cuts in the back instead of the single cut in the middle of the back. I tried it on with a dress shirt (that's a sixty dollar shirt, the salesman informed me) and with the slacks. It looked really good, really nice fit in the shoulders and arms. Jen really liked it. It was the first whole suit I tried on, and we came back to buy it after looking at the other stores. The suit normally retails for $470, but it was my luck to get it half off. I would have had them hem the pants for me, but it takes them 11 days to do, and I intend to wear the suit in New York. They gave me a list of places they recommend, and I'll call a close one monday to find out thier turnaround for hemming.
I have a test tomorrow in structures class on dirt, steel, and wood. So back to studying.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende