Jun 5, 2005

The Italian (hair) Job

Yesterday afternoon, I got a haircut from an Italian barber. I just pointed to the phrasebook that said "I want a haircut" and short, and he gave me a very short haircut. It feels a lot cooler. Last night we went to see the colluseum, forum and the king memorial lit up at night and we ate gelatto. This morning I got up early and went to S. Maria Maggiore, an interesting basillica as it has a flat, coffered ceiling. It is also the resting place of Bernini, the architect and sculptor. I found a department store, and bought 2 pair of boxers and a pair of shorts. Its just hot and humid here. Later this morning, we went to the Trevi fountain and saw the spanish steps. We didn;t even know we were on them until we got to the bottom. I didnt think they were that spectacular. There are tourists everywhere here, and tons of tourist junk on the side of the streets. Yesterday we bought a week transport pass that gets us unlimited transportation on the metro and busses. Its a good way to get an overveiw of the city. Last night we ate lasagna and a glass of wine. Its much cheaper here than in paris. Anyway, if theres something you thing we should see in roma, leave a comment.

2 comments:

Nancy Case said...

I'm sure it's on your list already, but don't miss the Pantheon.

Anonymous said...

I know you guy's are having so much fun. What a history lesson.
Janice Kimball

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende