Aug 11, 2005

Back in the ol' Inferno

Got home safe and sound last night around 2:00 AM. Flight from Moscow was full, and lasted at least three weeks. When I landed at JFK, it felt good being back in the best country in the world. After spending three months in Europe, I am blown away by how convienant everything is here. When I got my bags, they made announcements about a travel desk. Everything is clearly marked and people are happy to help you solve your problems.
At the AmericaWest ticket counter, a few people who joined the obviously one line looked befuddled and confused because it was a line that served BOTH the ticket counter and e-ticket check in. These people need to travel more.
America is so convienant, you can buy an electronic device that keeps your coffee hot on your commute from the seat of your airplane. Airline personell keep you updated and tell you patiently where to go and how long you'll have to wait.
Speaking of waiting, my flight to Las Vegas was delayed by an hour. Half of it, off the plane, half on while they did another mechanic check. Everyone with connecting flights in Vegas missed them, but I got to stay on the plane and continue on to Phoenix. My good luck continues.
All my bags arrived, and there was a super shuttle waiting right outside the terminal.
Phoenix is miserable. Not hot, for phoenix, its only 87 right now, but with really high humidity from all the rain they've been getting. It feels like Oklahoma, but with a higher-watt sun.
Got to sleep around 3 and woke up again around 6. Cleaned my bathroom, and started working on cleaning everything else. I left my room in a disaster. Time for a Stalinist purge.
Suki was happy to see me, and I've not seen any sulky behavior at all. She seemed happy and healthy, except her mats have spread all up her back, so I'll need to take her to a groomer I think. I need to figure out a way to transport her.
Ian is still here, in Ben's room. From the depth of suki hair on the floor, I'd have to say he's not vaccumed once in three months, so I did that this morning and changed the mail address back here.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende