Aug 14, 2005

Sunday morning

The apartment is gradually falling back into order and cleanliness. I finished cleaning my room and bathroom, the common areas and kitchen are clean, and the only thing out of place are Ian's boxes of stuff. The weather is settling down into just being really hot and a little less humid, although it looks like we've got thundershowers coming later today.
Yesterday, I went to Sara's 5th birthday party at Sally's house. It was good to see them again, and Gabriel is talking up a storm. Sara is still a princess, and recieved a profusion of pink presents; barbies, princess dress up clothes, learning games, and acessories for her new bike. Everyone was really impressed with the Russian doll the family sent. Sally told me about the a new Chino that opened up near Gilbert, so we'll have to go there sometime soon.
Jen came back last night too, so I made her a spaghetti dinner and funfetti cake. Her condo looks really good, very modern with a bit of 1960's retro to it. She got a small barbeque grill and an outdoor umbrella, so they're going to have a really nice backyard/courtyard.
I'm surprised how much jet lag is staying with me. I keep waking up in the early morning and falling back asleep. The last two mornings, I've gotten up at six, and this morning I got up at 8. On to order books online!

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende