Jan 1, 2010

2009 was not one of the best years of my life, but considering how uncannily, unbelievably fortunate I have been for my entire life, this isn't saying much. 2009 was still a very good year:

I stayed employed at a good job, doing the things I was educated and trained to do.
I got my act together and applied to five graduate schools- University of Utah, UC Berkeley, Rice, Washington University in St. Louis, and Yale.
I became LEED accredited and transitioned to the LEED AP BD+C bullshit credential.
I began my IDP internship program.
I had another wonderful year of living with Saori.
I learned the basics of acoustic guitar.
I watched the first building I've ever really helped design start construction.
I saw StarWars in Concert, and took Saori to Disneyland.
We took some road trips.
I had a lot of good time with family.

It was not a monumental year- we lived in the same place, doing more or less the same things, but it was still a good year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know who the ice cream sneak is!

Lesley said...

Why have you been unhappy with the LEED AP BDC credential?

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende