Apr 27, 2010

Stamp collecting

For our new positions as graduate students, Saori and I both wanted to have business cards to distribute to professors, industry people, students, etc. Saori came up with the idea of getting a stamp done, so that we could stamp blank cards of our own, or stamp whatever people had handy at the moment when we needed to exchange information.

So we went to OfficeMax and spent a good hour looking through the stamp size options, text options, clip art etc etc. It was about $25 to make, but in theory, these self-inking stamps should last through well over ten thousand inkings. And here they are:

I really like the way Saori's came out. It leaps off the page at you. Mine is a little understated, although I'm learning to like it a little more. I also threw on my issuu page which has portfolio, etc. on it.

We've been having a lot of fun making cards out of whatever cardstock we have lying around. This card was made from a jumbalaya box. Flip it over, and there's a giant fork in rice.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende