Jun 3, 2010

Technical difficulties

While I felt really accomplished to design the perkinsyamane.com website, I did all my editing and testing in Google Chrome, which, unfortunately, does not handle web pages the same way as Microsoft's Internet Explorer, which still has the greatest market share of browsers. So when I open www.perkinsyamane.com in internet explorer, I get the photo of Saori, but nothing else, since it moves the white text to jammed up in the top left corner of the window, and since its white text, on the white background, it simply dissapears. Also, Internet Explorer adds blue boxes around any image which is a link, so now there are these ugly blue boxes everywhere.

And silly me I thought the point of having a universal language was that it would be understood and interpreted universally.

Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende