Jun 7, 2010

That's INTERN ARCHITECT Perkins, to you

I finally got to take a look at the presentation that my office presented to the ASU graduate students, and I actually was able to pull some of the photos from it. In no particular order:
The website photo of the office. Unfortuantely, some of the people in the photo (including the photographer) are no longer in the firm. However, I was bemused to realize afterwards that the principals tended to congregate at the back, and they pushed the young guns up to the front. 







Me and my coworker, Brad, who actually went to the ASU presentation. It seemed like a lot of the office photos were the two of us. I like these photos: they make me look semi-professional, like I'm some kind of hotshot designer. (I do actually get to do some design work, which is more than I can say for a lot of my peers, but 90% of the time, I'm doing other stuff than designing. But thats true of the profession in general).


Here's Alec again, working on a design charette (quick study) for an ASU residential community. I don't remember why I'm dressed in jeans and a tee shirt. I think I actually wore a sweater to work that day, and it happened to be really hot in the conference room. Anyway, of course the photo is relatively staged. Nobody can un-self-conscientiously present while people are snapping photos. 






I'm not sure why this photo was included. Maybe they were looking for something they could caption: "Collaboration" or "Teamwork" or "Empowering the design of young professionals." Or "Casual Day." I also like this photo since it looks like my desk (its not my desk really) has a huge stack of rolled drawings. It also looks like Brad isn't listening with his headphones on. 

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende