Jul 22, 2010

Snack Time

Today was my last day of work, although really there was very little I actually did for the project. I spent a lot of time going through my computer files, hunting down and sorting out all the random files that accumulate, looking for stuff relevant to the project. I went through my old notes and old tasks, setting up a short list of items and areas of concern on which I was focusing. I sent a short email out to our consultants letting them know my time at the firm was up and thanking them for working with me.

I was taken out to a nice lunch by a group of my co-workers and my boss, which was pretty nice of everyone, and then at 3, they announced snack time. It was a nice little break. Someone had brought a boston cream pie, there were ice cream bars, cookies, etc. It's actually much more preferable to a lunch, especially as I'm not great at being the center of attention. I definitely have difficulty holding an audience. At any rate, I got up in front of the group,  and talked a little about my experience at the company, and how lucky I was to have had the position, and how much I appreciated working with the people within the firm. The whole thing felt very surreal, like it wasn't my last day at all.

Tomorrow, I'll go back in early, say goodbye to the rest of the principals, and finish collecting my stuff from my desk. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, but at least I don't have to go to work.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende