Jul 2, 2010

Xenocinemaphile

I just saw the strangest Japanese film I've ever seen. Most likely, you will have not heard of it, or of this one either, but it was the same director as Sharkskin man and Peachhip Girl, and Taste of Tea. This film was called Party 7, and loosely follows the interrelated paths of 7 really dumb people, half of which are yakuza. The style is very flash and very odd, and the movie kind of reminds me of Guy Richie's style, although there's a lot more surreal humor. There's not much plot, really just enough to string together these really odd characters who were actually kind of fun in their own way. Here's the trailer:

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende