Sep 8, 2010

Studio project- done!

Yesterday was a long day of work. Saori and I biked to school together around 9, which was good since we're trying to get away from driving every day. Beautiful morning, cool and crisp without being cold. We worked in studio pretty much all day long, taking a break for an hour and a half for our systems I class. This was a bit of a waste of time for me, since most of it was "why we have seasons" and "what is latitude and longitude" etc. Went back up to studio and worked until around 6. Saori went to a class, and I biked home to pick up the car and get some more reading done. I ate at home and drove back to campus to deliver a pot pie to Saori who was just getting back from class. I ended up taking off from studio a little after 1AM. Saori caught a ride with a friend and she got back home after 3AM. It's now 7:30 in the morning, and we're getting ready to take off back to studio.

Today we have a presentation of our "sketch" models. As usual, the rules we were given for this project don't really matter. It's kind of frustrating to design around rules and then realize that the 'rules' given are really more guidelines. In the real world, you can't circumvent code, ADA, or structural tolerances, no matter how strongly your design supports that decision.

It's now 11:35 and my project is done with about two hours to spare. Time for some coffee, some water, a deep  breath and on to the next project for environmental systems! Glad I got some sleep last night.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende