Jun 10, 2012

Made it to... Chicago!

Made it to Chicago, that airport I now pass through pretty much anytime I go anywhere now that St.Louis is no longer a hub airport.

I sucked up the $6 access fee and got on wifi since I really needed to wade through craigslist's listings of sublets.

$400 a month is turning out unrealistic or highly unsafe anywhere near the city center (within 5 miles) , so I'm looking more towards the $600 a month range. For a room. Not a 1 bedroom apartment, or a studio, or an efficiency, a room. A cheap room, which may or may not include furniture.

As far as a I understand it, Boston is actually one of the highest cost of living cities in the US. We'll see how expensive.

My friend Chuck is meeting me at the airport and I'm going to crash in his cheap room for the night and hopefully find something later today or tomorrow night after my first day in the office.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende