Aug 6, 2007

Surreal Life

Over the past few nights, Saori and I have been enjoying her birthday present, the collected short films of Jan Svankmajer. Jan is a animator from Prague, and his films, which usually involve clay or other household objects, are highly surreal, with strong political, historic, and social themes.



Work has been rolling along, I've found myself a nice little niche as the designer for this project, coming up with the little design solutions for the various exterior aspects. Last friday was an open house, with a good turn out. Saori and I met my friend Joe and his wife Nicole there and we went to dinner afterwards at Switch. It makes me pause for a moment and reflect how normal it seems to go to a company function and then out to dinner with a married couple. It's one of those strange moments when you realize that you're getting older, like when I started seeing my friends working at the stores where I shopped.

Suki is looking better these days. She's lost some fur where mom trimmed the heaviest mats out, and she looks leaner too.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende