Nov 11, 2011

Clarifications

If I have come across as whiny, I apologize. Architecture and studio, while it may hold little joy due to my own attitude deficiencies, has potential for great joy. For example, architecture took me to Shanghai where I had an absolute blast experiencing the city for the sole purpose of experiencing the city. Molecular biologists may go to the city of Shanghai for conferences on genomics, but architecture/urbanists, we go to see the city. It's great. I would not change my course of study for any other. Perhaps we do 'study' longer than law school students, but we have the privilege of working from our own imaginations, in a nearly purely creative/intellectual endeavor. It's challenging, but it should be fun. The fact I'm not having fun means my architecture is boring and dis-invested, which is an academic problem, so really, I should be focusing on having more fun because it ultimately makes for a better project.

1 comment:

anita h. said...

it sounds like perspective is what you need. and sounds like you're in a rut! i'm sure next semester will be exponentially better (who knows, maybe having DT will relight that design spark in you). I felt the same way last semester, and i'm really glad im far away enough to get some air from the staleness of being in stl.

youve got some time to salvage this project. it's what i'm telling myself anyway!

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende