Feb 22, 2015

Holmes

It's been a busy few weeks since I last wrote. This weekend, I had to go into the office for a few hours Saturday, and today was Saori's turn to go in while I stayed home, cooked, and did my German homework. Made a pretty good red lentils and a spicy, but top form, Aloo Gobi.

Even as our workload increases, we've started watching a little more TV, to wind down a bit, usually on weekend nights. Not German TV, but a few episodes of highly regarded shows. A few episodes of the new __Cosmos_ , a few episodes of the original Cosmos, and then, Sherlock. I watched an episode when I was back in Phoenix, and I really enjoyed it, so I suggested we watch from the beginning. The first season was magic, great stuff. Second season was really lukewarm, and we are now just finished with the first episode of season 3, which is better than the second season so far. The sad thing about this series is that each season is only three episodes long, but at least you can get caught up quickly. I'm just happy that we didn't have to wait the two years between seasons 1 and 2. The shows pushed Saori and I back to the books and we've been talking about the differences between the TV Sherlock and Doyle's detective.

Winter is leaving us in the same way it arrived: apathetic, banal, and miserable. The last month has been always a few degrees north and south of freezing and around 80% humidity. No snow, no sun, no crispness of a sharply freezing day , it just drizzles as the damp cold soaks itself into your bones. This year's weather is a series of sulky teenagers.

I'd nearly forgotten the conversations I had with a reporter about donuts in Phoenix awhile back, until a friend posted the article to my Facebook wall. Good mentions, and now Saori calls me "Dr. Donut".

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende