Mar 18, 2015

Updates

After about three months of a nearly unusable tablet, Google finally released a cumulative lollipop OS update this week. It's like I downloaded a brand new tablet. No more lag, no more random crashes. I have actually started to download some apps again. Like Facebook.

Also updated: my teeth. I'm paying a lot for my insurance (well, probably less than in the US) but it also covers dental. Considering dental health is a real and vital part of overall health, its another cruel and greedy trick to make people buy additional insurance in the US. Anyway, today I went to the dentist for a checkup. Two small cavities up front, two larger in the back. No co-pays, no visit fees, and if I decide to get metal fillings in the back, then its all covered by insurance. If I go plastic reisin, its €70 a pop, which is probably the same fee schedule in the US for the cotton pads they stick in your cheeks.

Spring is here! Finally! In some ways, it's terrible because you feel so happy and relieved and it makes you realize how much the shitty winter weather gets to you. But you're nearly Disney Musical level of happy so you don't think about it too much. Everyone at my office sits outside soaking up sun on the terrace during our lunches together (and often we all walk to PennyMarkt to buy our lunches) and now people are starting to meet up after work for a drink or an ice cream.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende