Sep 25, 2005

Essay 1: of Prince Assurnasirpal II or King Mycerinus, who had the goofier name?

We have a test coming up in history of architecture. We need to know dates down to the year for about a hundred images. The time span is from 15,000 BC to 159 BC. I think its going to be a bit of a challenge. Guess what I'm doing this weekend?

Making a candleholder. I took a break from studying and working in studio on the library project to cast a tealight candle holder out of concrete. It's actually pretty cool. It holds nine candles close togather in a square grid, set into an inch thick concrete block seven inches square. Concrete is such a versitile medium, I'm surprised its not used more in home products.

To help study for the test, I've resorted to making little rhymes to help myself remember dates. Like "seven-twenty one KhorsaBAD mutha(watch your mouth!)" or "Temple of Aphais at Ephisos in five-fifty-six" and "in 1473 was built hapshetsut's mortuary"

Anyway, it seems to help. Also on tuesday, I have a test on Human factors which will be pretty easy I think, mostly a vocab test.

1 comment:

embo said...

Hey Alec! My name's Marissa, and I was just "random blogging" and I came across yours. You have an interesting blog, and I like your art. I'm an Art Major, so naturally I'm impressed with your architectural work, as well as your deviations on Deviant Art. It looks like we've got some things in common...email me if you'd like. Check out my blog if you'd like: http://www.embos-palace.blogspot.com/. I hope to hear from you!

From the self-proclaimed art freak,
Marissa

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende