Oct 10, 2010

Adios Comida Buena

Time passes by so quickly its too cliche. Where did this weekend go?

Friday studio review was ok. I've felt really frustrated lately. My anger in general surprises me. I'm sure part of it is the frustration of wanting to do a really thorough job on research and design work that really interests me, but not having enough time to do it, or work that proceeds way to slowly or doesn't take me anywhere. Part of it is my conflict towards form- my projects look really boring because I'm focusing on other things, but not really successfully on other things. I'm curious to see what an architecture school experience would be like that is not founded on representational drawings.

Friday night was kind of fun- we wanted some Mexican food, so I did some research online until I found one of the top contenders in a thread on Chowhound.com I was following. Arcelia's. Cheezy decor ok. Bad tortilla chips and weak salsa, alarm bells going off. What is the deal that you can't get decent tortilla chips in this town? The chile colorado I had was not bad, but overall pretty mediocre experience. The tamales were good, but the bottle of Tecate I had while I was there set me back nearly $4 which is pretty ridiculous. We agreed that we need to find the Mexican neighborhood of St.Louis and find someplace that offers tacos de lengua and menudo on sundays. 

The neighborhood the mexican restaurant was in was pretty cool though- Lafayette square. Lots of upscale boutiques, bars, wine bars, art galleries, and what looked like some pretty happening nightlife. Beautiful old architecture. Really one of the prettiest areas of St.Louis I've seen so far. 

Studio pretty much all day saturday and sunday. Saturday night we had Dew (a mutual japanese friend of ours) over for dinner, and he and Saori whipped up some shabu-shabu and soups and rice that was pretty good, plus a grape cake they found in a magazine. That was pretty much our weekend entertainment. 

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende