Feb 14, 2011

B(l)anking out

Today was finally nice enough to bicycle, so I layered on my hoodie, scarf, and windbreaker and threw on my 20 pound backpack stuffed with my laptop, peripherals, and binders. First stop was the bank to make a deposit, which entailed biking up and down two hills. By the time I got to the bank, which is about a mile away, I was out of breath and drenched with sweat and most disconcerting, feeling dizzy and nauseous. I was also boiling inside of all my layers. I had to sit down outside on the sidewalk for about five minutes in front of my bike to catch my breath, and then I couldn't remember my own address. (but I could still recall my social). Had to sit down in the waiting room for about ten minutes while I drank the bottle of water the bank gave me. Biked very carefully to school, which was a long gradual downhill run.

Biked home very cautiously tonight, no problems. I think I'm just really out of shape, especially for strenuous activity. I thought my walking every day was good, but its clearly not keeping me ready to bike. So I'm going to keep biking (albeit with a much lighter load, avoid the hills, and watch what I'm wearing!).


No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende