Mar 6, 2012

1 0 0 0

This is my 1,000th blog post. I started this blog my freshman year of college back in 2003 as a means of staying connected with my family who were living abroad at the time, giving them a snapshot of my daily life.

I've been through a lot in these 1,000 posts. A semester in Buenos Aires, backpacking Europe, my entire college education, a relationships come and go, parents divorce, my first professional work. There's been long stretches where I havn't written much due to the fact that there wasn't much to write about in the daily grind of working combined with professional confidentiality.

My blogging has evolved into something I use as a tool for organizing my own thoughts, rather than as a communicative device (although I hope it still holds that function!). There have been several rather niche people who seem to find it via Google searches. The train from Lausanne to Jungfraujoch in Switzerland and how to make a Dia de Los Muertos costume give me a constant stream of traffic, and I get fewer hits from people looking to improve their revit renderings.

I'd switch over to other blogging platforms since Blogger has nothing designwise on Tumblr or Wordpress, but since I've been here so long, I figured I might as well stay at this host.

The name, The Blazing Sun was the title of the summer monthly family newspaper I used to publish in middle school and high school, chronicling our family daily lives. I'll have to post an issue sometime. I enjoyed the optimism of the title, fitting the Phoenix weather nicely, but also because I saw in the title a secret- another reading of Sun as Son, which transforms the periodical into a chronicle of my successes, the rise of the 'blazing son'.

Readers have come and gone- there's only a handful of dedicated regulars who still read, and it makes me happy to know that I'm still communicating with you guys in some way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!

-your blogging compatriot

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende