Aug 24, 2011

Keep Calm and Make a List

I feel totally overwhelmed and school's not even in session yet.
  • Saori's leaving for Buenos Aires tomorrow morning for the semester, so I'm not going to see her for about four months. 
  • Suki is not handling her medication well so its going to be another call to the vet and probably a Benjamin for some more suitable antibiotics tomorrow. 
  • Both Tay and mom are struggling in the deep end of the pool as they attempt to get situated in their respective law schools, and I'm worried about how they're doing.
  • Tay is beginning to wade into the stinking mire of our bureaucratic society as he attempts to register and title his car in Indiana.
  • I need to find a CPA to guide me through some financial jungles to pay tuition.
  • My new roommate moved in today (although he seems like a really cool guy, and I think we'll get along pretty well)
On the flip side, everyone I know is getting started doing the things they worked hard to do, nobody is dying, and soon I'll be whisked away into the LaLa Land of architecture school.

Tonight, I took Saori out for dinner at Winslow's Home, a pretty good cafe/store not too far from here. It was just what we were looking for- close, good food, and really comfortable. I tried the birch soda. Should have gone with aspen. After we got home, I cracked open a bottle of chilled Stone Mill vignoles I'd been saving for a long time. Good stuff, even if it is a little on the sweet side. Our roommate, James, joined us for a drink and we chatted for about an hour or so. 

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende