Aug 17, 2011

Sweedish graham cracker furnature

We got a slow start this morning as Saori and I cooked sausage and eggs for breakfast. Brittney called us from the St.Louis airport shortly after and we headed out to pick her up. After we brought her back, we unloaded our stuff from the truck and spent a few hours putting our IKEA chest of drawers together. If you don't look too hard at it, it looks pretty decent. However, its totally particle board with veneers so thin, they're applied via misters. I realize why they sell a glass top accessory: I'm worried that if the surface of this thing gets wet, it will crumble like a soggy graham cracker. What do you want for under $200? At least I'm thrilled to actually have something designed to hold my clothes.

We're keeping Tay and Brittany riveted- Tay's on crutches and can't go anywhere anyway, and Saori and I are struggling to reorganize, put away, and clean the apartment and take care of business that gets to get done, so its been pretty homebound so far. Dinner at Noodle Co, which was not bad. Spin through Target and Tay and Brittany working on stocking and decorating Tay's apartment in Bloomington, and finally ending with a late night screening of Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

Got to be more productive tomorrow.

I missed our apartment, I missed my friends from school, but I never missed St.Louis. I'm trying to keep an open mind, and perhaps I'll feel different about the city if I start working here professionally, but so far I have not been seduced by this place, and it almost with resignation that I find myself here again a year later, sans the excitement of exploring a new place.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende