Jan 23, 2014

interview!

I have an interview[!] tomorrow morning[!!] with a an architecture[!!!!] company in Stuttgart[!!!!!!]!

On the one hand, it's very exciting to finally get an actual interview after all these months. I started sending out applications to German firms over six months ago. Apart from a skype interview for a Designboom internship which I turned down, this is the first interview or sign of interest. It's very exciting because an interview has the potential to lead to a really cool firm which does really modern, clean, interesting work. It's a small office, only 12 employees, which keeps that small studio atmosphere I really liked about Tatiana's. It's exciting because its a possibility of returning to doing the things I love best, architecture and travel.

But, it's also just an interview. Maybe someone nudged them towards me and to be nice, they decide to talk to me just to see how wonderful I actually am. Maybe they're not actually hiring. Statistically, I feel like I'll need a few interviews before I'll get a job offer. Probably this interview won't lead to anything.

But who knows! If they're taking the time to find out about me, they're taking the to find out about me. I'm excited and nervous. Been preparing all day. Ran through a practice interview with mom. She said I sounded competent and confident but a little flat, and my delivery was a little muddled as I tripped over words. I need to remember to slow down and keep it conversational.

The worst thing that can happen is that I get a great practice in conducting an interview with a German firm. In my experience, each time I've been interviewed via skype, I've gotten better at it. The first interview did not go well. The second interview, I was offered a position. I'm sure I will do a good job with this one.

And I need to get some rest.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende