Jan 27, 2014

the interview

My hair was moussed, I borrowed a tie and a black belt from Larry and wore a newly bleached button-down shirt. Even though the interview was via Skype and a view from the waist up, there is something that feels more serious about wearing dress shoes, to say nothing of pants.

The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I talked to two of the main architects. They looked to be in their mid 30s. The head of the firm was in another meeting and so I missed the chance to talk to him this time. They were very nice and I tried to remember to avoid colloquialisms like "you guys," which shows up surprisingly frequently when I talk. One of my interviewers was from Buenos Aires so I spoke to him briefly in Spanish. Anyway, my impression of the interview was that it went very well. Surprisingly well, actually.
 
This weekend I worked on some rough sketches for the Phoenix Commons project associated with Project Rising. The challenge is to create something modern, distinctive and eye-catching, unique to Phoenix, reflective of the Native American and Mexican heritage of the state, and not unbelievably kitschy.

Came up with these two ideas:

Anyway, I sent out these images around 1 am this morning with some notes and reference images and I got some feedback this afternoon.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende