Apr 16, 2014

Cold and long days

The last few days have marked a return to cold weather. Yesterday morning, I looked out the window at the sunny day and jumped out in a sweater. It was actually about 50 degrees outside.

Also, I'm not sure when this happened but the days suddenly got really long. I'd forgotten that Stuttgart is farther north than Maine. It's 8:11pm and I'm waiting for Saori to get off work and it's still light enough to read outside. And it's only early April.

The early morning sun has actually been waking me up in the morning. I have curtains but they are thin white cotton so they glow white from the sunlight bounced off the houses across the street. I do appreciate the roll top shades everywhere. I wonder why they don't use them in the US. Probably because builders are too cheap to include something that people aren't demanding as a standard item.

Ate my first pizza here for lunch. One of the interns, a young German guy invited me along to eat at a kebab/pizza place. They do kind of go together and the places are always run by Turks. Good pizza though, although different from the US. Much more emphasis on the crust, not so much sauce, and a little different flavor. Not so many toppings, either. Or cheap. My 14" pizza cost about $8. Maybe its better to stick to 89 euro cent salads.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende