Apr 10, 2014

Lunch etc

Off to Paris tomorrow! We are taking the ICE high speed trains at 7 AM, so a very early morning. Actually, I've been going to sleep around 12-1am and waking up naturally between 630 and 700 so I'm a little tired. The problem is Camp Fox ( the new name of my house on Zeppelinstraße since its on the edge of a forest park), is that it gets a ton of morning light and I'm really sensitive to light while sleeping.

Poor Saori however, got 2 hours of sleep last night since she got up at 3AM to drive to Lausanne in Switzerland this morning for a meeting and got back late tonight. She's really wiped and loopy from the lack of sleep, and I imagine we will sleep on the train and call it early night tomorrow in Paris.

Today, I walked to the nearby grocery store for lunch with one of the interns, a young Mexican named Alejandro. Young Mexican men named Alejandro seem to be a recurring theme in this story. Anyway, he's from Monterrey and his roommate is also a Mexican intern working at Behnisch with Saori, so she actually knows Alejandro too.

Prepacked sandwich "club" with a logo which suggested that the designers thought that by "club" sandwich, the club in question was a cool urban nightclub. What's the etymology anyway? I thought it was like a country club speciality. Anyhow, we sat in the sun on the back patio of the office and chatted while we ate, splitting some gummy bears and a Ritter Sport.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende