May 2, 2014

decadence

If I havn't mentioned already, I'm working on a competition for a large mixed use music building. The program is crazy- there's a small theater with a flytower, a black box, a giant 600 square meter hall for performances by the symphony, three separate academic groups and conservatory spaces, a large library, and a restaurant.

The form that the boss gave us is distinctly shaped and small, but its driving me crazy trying to shoehorn in such large program elements into the volumes. It's a bit like trying to fit a shoe and a bottle of wine into a shoebox, and of course, maintaining large atriums and fora and making it work gracefully.

I actually worked through yesterday (May Day) a big public holiday here, and I came back to the office at 7am this morning, two hours before I needed to be here. I've been working 10 hour days and I'll be back here sunday morning too.

I'm short on sleep and cash (waiting for the paycheck to credit) and fried from this project.

But I'm going to be decadent and take saturday off.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende