May 6, 2014

Heidelbe

I hate losing work. I spent an hour riding out my caffiene binge at work writing a long post about Heidelberg. And the app I was using to write it lost it. Everything.

It was a great post, full of personal insights and fun things we did, with that je ne se quai (ranting about cars and Apple, Inc.) which is my blogging trademark.

It was a magnificent piece of travel journalism, frankly speaking. Transportive, authoritative, effervescent. One had only to read the first sentence before you too found yourself strolling down quaint cobblestoned alleys to the tranquil Rhine.

Not really, but it still pissed me off to lose the work. Now I have to write the short version just to remember that I went to Heidelberg back in '14 when antibiotics still worked and you could still buy meat on the open market.

Where was I?

Heidelberg. We caught a cheap B-W train ticket to the ancient university town. Highlights were the cute and cool boutique shopping in the old city along the Rhine, wandering the staggering ruins of the castle on the hill overlooking the city, and a freaking delicious dinner of pork knuckle complete with pork crackling skin still attached. Good stuff. And about two liters of beer between Saori and I. Good times.

You should have read the first post I did. You would have wept. Trust me.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende