Jun 23, 2014

Working weekend

After World Cup fiestas, Saori's immune system decided it was hungover too, and Saori was sick the whole weekend. For my part, I gave thanks I'd drunk copious quantities of water before bed, so I scraped by with a light headache, and headed in to the office.

Yes, it was saturday. But I was on a competition team, and that's just what you have to do the weekend before submittal. Anyway, spent basically the whole day at the office and picked up some pre-made curry and flour tortillas for dinner. "Authentic Mexican Cantina Style!" Bubbled the $6 package of 8 tortillas. In México, a tortilla is about the cheapest commodity there is, in daily quantities which probably outnumber the population 10 to 1, with a street value of a few cents.

Actually, almost all 'Mexican' food abroad was originally marketed and produced by Americans, not even Mexican-Americans, but mostly entrepreneurs from Texas and California. Hence, the overwhelming abundance of red enchilada sauce, flour tortillas, and hard shell "taco dinner" kits.

Sunday, I went back to work again, missing the beautiful weather, and until I dashed out a little before 7 to meet Saori for the opera.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende