Apr 29, 2006

24

Last night, I ended up stopping work on studio stuff at 6 AM. A full 24 hours before that I got up to go meet my mentor. I hate going to bed when its begining to get light, it just feels wrong. Anyway, got up at 9 AM again and went in to studio. It's around 5:30 PM right now, and I'm having my 4 20"x 20" boards printed upstairs in the print lab. We're all walking zombies around here, its not even funny. We all talk slowly because we need the time to formulate what we're trying to say. I'm actually relatively ahead of the game as most people are still laying out thier boards. I need to pick up some foamcore to mount my posters, but I may wait until monday to do that. I still have a model to make and the other two boards to do. The model shouldn;t be too bad. I'm just going to do a massing model from an earlier iteration that I have out of cardboard and chipboard. I might do the steel out of basswood though, which shouldn't be too bad. The other two boards we have to do I can fill with gratiuitous sections, plans, site plan, etc. It's a gratuitious requirement that none of the other studios have to fulfill. I'll print that off tomorrow I think or later tonight.

While I'm on the topic, our studio instructor gave us the list of presentation order for monday. Before he handed it out, he talked about the need for us to pin up our class site analysis work and emphasized that he'd help us pin it up. I got the distinct impression that he views this class as his office, and himself as the principal. He was very interested in making a good impression on the reviewers. My suspicions were confirmed with the presentation order. Out of the first group of five to present, four are his favorite students with projects he really likes. And I'm the first in line. On the one hand, its a bigger challenge as I have to do a good job of conveying the site and circumstances to the reviewers. The positive is that I get it out of the way first and can spend the next 8 hours relaxing, listening, and sketching other students.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende