Jun 21, 2006

blah blah blah

Sunday I went for a 1o mile hike in the Superstitions. It was a really endurance-testing hike, but it was definately worth it. At least my sunburn is now fading. Monday I worked late until 8 PM finalizing the presentation for the ASU police station. Hey, I get paid overtime so its definately worth the extra hours. The meeting was at the ASU foundation center at 9, so I got to sleep in until 8, which was really nice. The presentation was in one of the main conferance rooms. The room had what I took to be a giant flatscreen monitor, and then was amazed to see that it was actually a touchscreen. The tech who loaded our powerpoint presentation just tapped the screen in a direct interface.

The presentation went well- we had only 45 mins for the talk including comments and questions. The ASU board people seemed to like it, showing concern primarily with the ability of the police on the third floor to see into people's backyards. Those few houses behind the station will never see house parties again.

Afterwards I went to set up my ticket to Abu Dhabi, so it worked out perfectly.
Tuesday made some corrections to the ASU police model and then started work on the condos again, this time working on modeling the scottsdale stadium from scratch. Finished that today, and started working on modeling the other houses around the condos site. Drove down there this morning and took pictures of the area.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende