Jun 3, 2006

Mas o menos

Last week was more of the same. Took the bus wednesday and my car for the next two days. On days that I ride the bus, I only have 4 hours of free time- and that includes the time to eat and get ready and the morning. I'm still working on the ASU police station in sketchUp. Have to finish the model next week for presentation. My boss doesnt' think we're going to be able to sell the condos I designed to the client- the rise in the costs of insurance that the firm has would have to be matched by the client and he doesn't think that's going to happen. Especially in light of the fact that the clients are trying to go as cheap as possible. So thats a bit dissapointing, but we'll see what's transpired monday.

Last night Aldo and I hit dos gringos and four peaks. Such a contrast. Dos is a real college dive and relishes its tacky, flip flops atmosphere with over the top christmas lights, cartoony mexican archcitecture, etc. When I think of ASU personified as a bar, I think of Dos. Huge student clientelle, mostly skewing younger, and everyone with tans and two $2 coronas. Equally crowded, and equally old establishment, Four Peaks is a definate step up. A little more pricy, everyone dresses a little better, looks a little older, and the handmade beer is amazing.

I've been having strange dreams last three nights. Can't remember specifics really, but the tone and setting seem to be the same, which makes me think they're all part of the same story. I'll see if I can remember tonight.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende