May 30, 2006

Insomnia

It's midnight and I'm having trouble falling asleep. Today we almost went tubing on the salt river. I'd picked up some cervesaz, a bottle of suntan lotion, and a jug of water, and we set out around 9 AM. This is aldo, me, ivonek, two of his friends, his girlfriend, and a friend of hers. I went in Aldo's car, and everyone else went in Ivonek's. Trouble starts almost immediately. We stop at a gas station to pick up some snacks, and then Aldo's ignition freezes up and wont let him turn on the car, so we waste fifteen minutes with that. Then I take us up the wrong road out of town. Where we are its actually faster to keep going until we get to a juncture where the road we want to be on meets our road, so we hit that and arrive at ASU Wet. The parking lots are packed full, there are 20somethings all over the place, everyone with a beer, a cowboy hat, and sunglasses. We truck in in to the tube rental place. Massive lines. No sign of the other members of our group. We wait for awhile and then find out: they're still in a car line waiting to turn in to this place. It was actually faster to take a 30 mile detour and approach this place from the country direction than to go the short way and wait in line. So we wait some more, grab a beer, people watch, its fun. The lines thin and we get another call from Ivonek: they've stopped letting cars in because they're sold out of tubes. They're giving up and going back. When we hit the road back to town its about one thirty in the afternoon. Aldo and I hit an In-n-out burger than come back and jump in the pool at my apartments and we just chill there for awhile. It wasn't even a really hot day- just 90 as a high. Got a good starter tan. This evening, I helped Aldo move some stuff over from his apartment in the minivan. Thats about it for today, although I had a great evening with the Walkers over at Joes Real BBQ sunday night.

I think I may be able to fall asleep now. I have to get up at 6:30 AM tomorrow. And that luxury is only because I'm DRIVING to work. Suki is being weird again, chasing protons around the apartment again like the possessed and meowing loudly intermittantly.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende