May 1, 2006

economic and non-innovative

Review went as expected, athough the head of the department was a no-show (so sorry, S----). They told me everything I knew: good economy and thoughtfullness of construction and materials, an economy of gestures, very feasable, but totally lacking in openness to the outside and completely non-innovative in my structure. I had probably one of the best reviews in the class according to my classmates. Flipping through my notebook, I tried to discern where the project began to die. I'm not going to go into it now, its too soon after the review and I need some distance before I really get into the plus/deltas. All in all, I'd say this entire 8 week project has been a failed opportunity.

Is it pride to be dissatisfied with my project, while others regard it as superior to thier own? It is wrong to have your ego such that you hold yourself to a higher standard? Or to assume that you hold yourself to a higher standard?

I finished my model last night at 2 am and got 4.5 hours of sleep. Felt fine after popping a chocolate covered expresso bean. We have our final exam in history in three days, so I'm going to study tonight.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende