Jun 25, 2006

Interesting weekend

Friday, after work, I drove down to Tucson for Whitney's welcome home party. Saw quite a few old friends down there and made a few new ones. The party was really fun, at a big house someone was housesitting, not many people, close friends only. The house belonged to this 50-60 year old single woman who was apparently some kind of desert hippie. Most of the furnature and acessories looked straight out of CostPlus World Market and she had tibetan prayer flags strewn everywhere. Interesting choice of colors and major furnature pieces were "rustic missionary" style. So a funky place to have a party. The theme was Pink Panther, but all I got were blank looks when I mentioned Peter Sellers. Everyone just wore pink and there was lots of pink food and drinks. It was really a lot of fun.

Drove back home Saturday afternoon. Today, I went out and played two sets of tennis with Aldo. Niether one of us had played in a few years, but we picked up quickly. Aldo destroyed me, taking the first set 6-1 and the second 6-3. I just made so many mistakes, really defeating myself. It was good to get out and get some exercise, even if it was in the heat.

Dinner with the Walkers tonight. Really good chicken with zucchini. Did some laundry over there, and Johnathan gave me one the big D-cell maglites, sicne he just got one that was a good two feet long from his company. Sarah and Gabriel thoughly enjoyed running around trying to evade the "prison lights" we were shining on them. Good timing on the maglite too as the power was out when I got back home. They got it back on after about another half an hour.

I lit some candles when the power was out and found myself thinking about when I was little, I would feverantly wish for blackouts, because dad couldn't sleep without air conditioning, and so we got to go to a hotel, which was a like a vacation adventure for me back then. I really wanted to call him tonight because it's morning over there, but I feel really stupid because can't find the sheet where I wrote all their numbers down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

still waiting to hear back regarding london a. perk...

-MM

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende