Jun 12, 2006

quickie

All my love to a family in transition.

Life goes on normally here, not too much to report. Saw Cars this weekend with Emily and Janelle. I'm finding myself making excuses to drive myself to work more often (but not tomorrow) and begining to think about how much caffffiifinfnnennneneeeeee and sugar I'm getting. I should start walking or something in the evenings when I get off of work.

Work is progressing smoothly. I'm still working on the ASU police project and juggling that with some other tasks. Last thursday I spent about two hours folding drawings for archiving. Today I sat through a painfully boring luncheon on the company's insurance changes and financial planners (I was just there for the free lunch, I dont get either one). If I'm ever as enthusiastic or bubbly as the presenters today even when talking about life insurance (or more acurately, death insurance) I'll have no problems at all presenting to clients.

I got a haircut over the weekend- an inch off all around. Very nice for the heat, but not so great in the looks department. I think I now resemble barney rubble sans the cowlick thing. In desparation I slicked it back with some gel. Reminded me of dad. One guy at the office actually confused me for a different person.

And things roll along. I'm working on my spanish with Aldo and filling out paperwork for the argentine visa. Need to get that done soon. My potential van buyer also touched base today- should hear back more on that shortly.

I'm excited about working- I love the weekends, but I've got a job which is challenging, interesting, somewhat suited to my abilities. I'm glad I work there. I look forward to it far more than the commute, either coming or going.

Been reading too- read a great book called The Alchemist which I found so easy to read and compelling enough to finish in five hours. I also picked up The Riverrun Trilogy, a book I've not read since at least junior high. I remember reading it on the boat to Singapore, coming back from that island off the coast of Malaysia. That was a cool trip. Wish they had islands like that around here.

1 comment:

Nancy Case said...

We love you too!

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende