Apr 30, 2007

Pobrecito

Saturday morning, I watched some of the thesis presentations given by the masters students, which was cool because we'd gotten to know many of them on the Buenos Aires trip. Saturday afternoon, I got a text inviting me to Four Peaks Brewery because Claudio and Sergio were planning on going. So Saori and Sal and I head over and we meet a bunch of masters students and we drink for a bit. Adam, Chris, and Jake also come but ran into a problem because Adam lost his wallet and his passport is currently in the system to have pages added. Anyway, after Four Peaks, we went to Trax near my apartment and drank a little more. More friends joined us and finally Saori and I left a little after midnight.

That night I slept very poorly since it was so hot in the room. My roommate and I are competing with the elements to see how long we can hold out without turning on the A/C. When I woke up drenched in sweat in the morning, I realized that the room wasn't that hot, but I was. I had a low grade fever, swollen tonsils, and ached all over. Must have had something in the works that the alcohol lowered my defenses enough for it to take over. Aspirin helps some. Sunday I spent the day at home, mostly watching dvds in bed. Saori has been taking care of me, picking up food and checking up on me. Today I'm working at home on our final presentation for sketching tonight. If I still feel this bad tomorrow, I'll make an appointment to go see a doctor.

In other news, I got a haircut. It turned out a lot shorter than I was expecting.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende