May 4, 2007

Cards and Dinner with the Dean

After taking it easy for the last few days I felt well enough wednesday morning to go into work. I worked a long shift building a model the entire time, which was actually pretty fun, although I felt kind of stupid when people asked me what I working on. "I'm building a fire station" I told them, feeling like I needed to be holding crayons or something. When I was about to leave, someone also dropped off a big box of business cards with my name on them. I am now officially "Alec Perkins, Job Captain." So is this where I drop the Alexander? What does Job Captain actually mean anyway? I was jazzed to get them regardless. My first official business card.

I went back to school to kill an hour and then went to the dinner for the graduates hosted by the dean. It was a simple outdoor buffet, but the food was really good and they had an open bar as well. I received a glass "College of Design 2007" paperweight as well. Dr. Morton joined our table, more towards the back, and we all talked, ate, and drank, while the various alumni groups made virtually inaudible speeches.

Today, I spent at home studying and enjoying the weather. I have an open note systems final, and the hardest thing about it is not falling asleep. I'm currently trying to get more familiar with direct expansion cooling systems. I'm afraid most of the test will cover various HVAC parts and systems. Wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende