Jun 11, 2010

Mai and Mai Tai

Yesterday was a really busy day. I worked through lunch on a design charette (design brainstorming) with a group on how to develop the NE corner of Mesa-Phoenix Gateway airport. There's going to be a huge resort/conference center moving into the massive property to the NE of the airport, which it made sense to tie into with our schemes. So that was kind of fun. The rest of the afternoon was not so much fun as we discovered some problems with our building and what we needed to do to fully understand and remedy them. Not fun discussions, but interesting ones to sit in on. The after-work beer on the patio was definitely deserved. 

After, we decided to pick up a friend of ours, Mai, and go out for some drinks. Mai's been one of our good friends for awhile, a Japanese industrial designer. She really loves Phoenix, so its a real shame that the economy is so bad. She's flying back to Japan next week. Anyway, we took her Trader Vic's which was oddly hopping for after 9pm on a summer thursday night, including a live band which thankfully went away after about half an hour.Good time for drink and food specials too. I grabbed a Mai Tai (my favorite drink) and Saori and Mai grabbed some other tropical libations, and we munched on beef cho-chos and panko shrimp. It was nice.

I had one beer when I came home, and one mai tai several hours later, so tell me why I still felt hung over when I woke up. Sand and grit behind my eyeballs, stomach is tight, water, toast, aspirin, back to bed for a few more hours. 

Just in time for the World Cup.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende