Aug 15, 2010

The Socialites

Tomorrow will be the last day of the second week since we came to St.Louis. In that time, we have hosted not one, but two dinner parties, and also our former ASU professor whom we took out to dinner in the Loop. I've actually gotten to enjoy throwing get together's at our place. I like showing off our apartment, our prima donna cat, and I like not having to worry about being sober enough to drive home. I think entertaining is a good skill to develop.

Today we hosted several new classmates who literally moved into St.Louis yesterday. We picked up a bucket of chicken and some sides, and they brought beers and salads. There was enough booze and food to go around, and it was nice to compare notes on the city and on school, and to just chat and toast the success of a new semester and a new return to school.

It made me really glad we moved here a week and a half before we had to, as it gave us time to explore the city, get official stuff done on our own pace, and even do a road trip outside the city to see Hermann and its wineries. While I do miss that paycheck, its been nice to have the time to really get settled in.

Tomorrow is begins the two days of orientation and the two weeks of pre-semester workshop, the content of which I cannot even begin to guess. It feels odd to be going back to school after three years of working.

Today we went to the mall, the Galleria mall of Brentwood, which is pretty nice, equvilant to Chandler fashion square in Phoenix. We stopped by the Gap, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, J Crew, H&M and a few others, but I successfully avoided buying anything, and Saori succeeded in replacing a shirt that went missing in the move, so it was a pretty successful trip.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende