Sep 23, 2011

Curry night

I had a really nice evening tonight with friends.

After studio, I went down to happy hour downstairs and had one of the $1 beers. (The business school apparently has tons of free alcohol, but I've heard its mostly Bud and BL) I sat and talked with some friends for awhile and then drove home to feed Suki. I'm feeding her twice a day, a quarter cup at a time, although I may try swapping in some wet food now and then to keep her hydration levels up.

Anyway, I met up with Dew and Chuck at the Asian grocery store and bought some stuff for Japanese curry. (But no potatoes, which are more traditional, because Dew's not a fan). Back at Dew's place I started the rice and they started chopping and cooking the curry. Some other friends from 419 were there, and we talked and had some beer, just a small group, and ate the curry together. Really really delicious curry. Dew garnished it with pieces of bacon and a fried egg, which was a nice touch.

Around 11 or so, I drove Chuck back to his place and crashed in front of my TV. Watched a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop. If you're totally closed, never-going-to-ever-watch-that-japanese-stuff, I won't try to convince you, but its widely regarded to be the peak of the form. It's just really good.

Studio is going ok. We have a pretty serious review next Friday, so its going to be a long weekend in studio. Although, although, I'm hoping to take a tour around the botanical garden tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende