Feb 11, 2012

salsa sin huevos

Attempted to go salsa dancing tonight. There's a fantastic place in CWE, Club Viva, that has salsa on Saturday nights, and the place was really hopping. The most Hispanic people I've ever seen in one place in St. Louis. In a packed basement which can legally hold 499 people, everyone was dressed really nice- ladies in their heels and cocktail dresses, guys in their fitted dress shirts, nice shoes, and the older gentlemen with their fedoras. Great music. There were really amazing dancers out there. Salsa is a guys dance in a field of guy's dances. I took a look out on the packed dance floor, and decided to grab a beer. Didn't see anyone from architecture, but just one girl who a joint MBA/MArch grad (who is, incidently, the president of the salsa club). I think there were a few business students. I was too intimidated to dance, so I just watched, enjoyed the music and the dancing, and then left. 

Really wish I could dance like that. I was way too intimidated to even ask anyone to dance, which is why I guess I'm not a business student. The architecture students could be found around the corner at the Irish pub, drinking heavily and socializing among themselves. I made a round, said hello, and left. I drove in, and with Saori still at studio, I didn't want to be out all night. Mostly, I was just kind of down after leaving the salsa club. 

Gotta take some salsa lessons. 

No comments:

Medium is the message

I moved the blog again. I deleted the Tumblr account and moved everything to Medium.com, a more writing-centric website. medium.com/@wende